I don't know what to do with the Instagram thing. On one hand, I don't want to support a platform that stinks (I linked about it here), on the other I have not found a replacement. I disappeared for a while, came back, and now I'm not going anywhere anytime soon since I'm in the midst of a major DSLR crisis. We've been in Boston for a few days now and I have not taken a single real picture even though I've been lugging my Canon around everywhere with me. Maybe it's the nasty weather, maybe it's the fact that the city has not won me over. Anyways, it seems like phone pics will be the only ones I bring back. I kick myself for not bringing the Pentax, I'm always in the mood to take film pictures.
Therefore, today is an Instagram flash back.
Nie wiem co z robić z instagramowym fantem. Z jednej strony nie za bardzo mam ochotę wspierać platformę, która śmierdzi (linkowałam o tym tutaj), z drugiej strony nie znalazłam dla niej zastępstwa. Zniknęłam na jakiś czas, wróciłam i w najbliższym czasie nigdzie się nie wybieram, bo przechodzę lustrzankowy kryzys. Jesteśmy od kilku dni w Bostonie i nie zrobiłam ani jednego zdjęcia, choć targam ze sobą Canona. Może to wina paskudnej pogody, a może tego, że miasto wcale mnie nie oczarowało. W każdym razie wygląda na to, że zdjęcia trzepane telefonem będą jedynymi jakie przywiozę do domu. Pluję sobie w brodę, że nie wzięłam ze sobą Pentaxa, nim zawsze zdjęcia chce mi się robić.
Wobec tego mamy dzisiaj instagramową restrospekcję.
Instagram, Dec 2012 - March 2013
1. Altered bills are my new obsession. I envision a lit frame showcasing my future collection.
2. The boys power napping.
3. The Hampden neighborhood of Baltimore is famous for over-the-top Christmas decorations. A visit induces a vomit of sugarcanes and glitter.
4. Especially true around holidays.
5. Time travel in a van? Where would YOU go?
6. Grand Marnier club at One Eyed Mike's. Trouble in a bottle.
7. Who dat? Erzulie Dantor!
8. I've been crazy about red and blue together for months.
9. Lit non-Christmas trees. So much better than Christmas trees.
10. Can't believe you said that, Abe.
11. Shit happened when I was reading at the park.
12. Glenn and Michael's fridge wisdom.
13. Found at a Christmas bazaar at the American Visionary Art Museum. I have a weak spot for Little Red Riding Hood. This one is an oldie but a goodie.
14. A pint at Bertha's.
15. A skinny octopus in a store window in Federal Hill, Baltimore.
16. The first day of snow. Of course, it catches us at the airport. Our plane freezes, we get delayed, crying babies spread their germs, AirTran ruins my bag.
17. Slow children playing at a North Carolina trailer park. I've always wanted to visit one. Still hasn't happened.
18. Trailer park mail boxes. I always wondered if neighbors stole each other's mail.
19. The view of the Appalachians from the family's Black Mountain house.
20. Driving between the Carolinas, spreading Christmas spirit.
21. This made me think of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I can totally see Chevy Chase driving this car.
22. Warm welcoming from bears with elephantiasis.
23. Manic depressive weather over North Carolina.
24. My new slingshot a.k.a. God in the eyes of a cat.
25. Great bed and breakfast at aunt Dianne's.
26. Walking around Black Mountain.
27. Still walking.
28. On the road to Tennessee.
29. How adorable is this truck? Beats Coca-Cola Christmas ads in my book.
30. Car stencil art in Asheville, NC.
31. Family's exciting new pets: puppies!
32. Continuing our tradition of spending the NYE in a movie theater.
33. Family's slightly less exciting pets: shrimp.
34. The drive back from Tennessee is sponsored by Frosty the Snowman.
35. I had no idea U-Haul took their truck graphics this seriously.
36. I love visiting farm stores. Here's an exciting seasonal selection in Kingsport, TN.
37. Waiting for a 15 hour long train ride to begin.
38. Trains are so much better than planes. On so many levels.
39. Rereading the best fiction book ever written.
40. A terrible smog over Atlanta.
41. An unexpected fare dodger found on a train headed for NOLA. Did he know they made turtle soup there?
42. Smoke/stretch break in Meridian, Louisiana.
43. New Orleans, we've arrived!
44. Chocolate macaroons to cheer up the sick girl.
45. Do it!
46. Lafayette Cemetery.
47. My first birch beer.
48. A balcony like this in a place like this... I can only dream of breakfasts I'd have on it.
49. National WWII Museum. Very American-centric. How can you accurately present the history of WWII without mentioning Stalin once?
50. But visually it is nice.
51. A donut break.
52. I didn't want to like it but couldn't help it. French Quarter left me smitten.
53. Horse crap lining the street. Watch out for poo land mines as well!
54. Brad and Angelina's house. I had a feeling we'd run into them but we did not. They arrived in NOLA a few days after we left.
55. Are you a cereal killer?
56. What gets you the title? The value of the theft? The style of the act?
57. A really creepy encounter in a hotel bathroom.
58. Why put it off?
59. When I originally posted this, I wrote: 'This is what I look like awaiting take-off without any booze in me'. Very accurate. My flying anxiety is getting worse and worse.
60. Post-vacation depression. Always.
61. A deeply offensive magazine piece.
62. Pretty winter sky.
63. A snow day. Baltimore came to a halt due to an expected snow storm. An hour later even this little bit was gone.