Saturday, August 1, 2015

Must have been the collard greens that made me lose control!


In this episode of the telenovela, the protagonist wanders around Boston cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Przygód kilka... Odcinek: 'Ćwirek łazi po Bostonie i szuka guza'.
Our dry-rotted balcony where I always feared that I might all of sudden end up at the neighbors'. Nasz spróchniały balkon, na którym zawsze targały mną obawy, że nagle znajdę się u sąsiadów.

An exciting visit to the hospital - a hearing test! I was getting pissy because the pronunciation of the guy from the recording was a bit sloppy and I did not get a few of the words even though I heard them. My inner obsessive perfectionist had trouble dealing with that. But still, my hearing was declared near-perfect and I marched out of the hospital like a peacock. It was a hundred times better than the eye test that turned me into a hysterical Stevie Wonder and a hundred times better than the mammogram, where they turned my tits into waffles.

Niezwykle ekscytująca wizyta w szpitalu - test słuchu! Trochę się wkurzałam, bo pan z nagrania mówił niechlujnie i kilku słów nie zrozumiałam, choć je słyszałam, i jako natrętna perfekcjonistka nie mogłam tego przeboleć. Ale mimo wszystko mój wynik był świetny i wymaszerowałam ze szpitala jak paw. Sto razy fajniej niż na badaniu wzroku, z którego wracałam jak histeryczny Stevie Wonder i sto razy fajniej niż na mammografii, gdzie zrobili mi z cycków wafle.
David Fichter created a mural in Central Square. I committed a mural once too. It was not very pretty, but it was worth it to inhale all that paint because it allowed me to legally skip the worst classes (I swear, I think I have PTSD from chemistry, physics, and math). David Fichter popełnił mural w Central Square. Też kiedyś popełniłam mural. Piękny nie był, ale warto było się farby nawdychać, bo dzięki temu przez dobrych kilka tygodni legalnie zrywałam się z najgorszych lekcji (słowo daję, chyba mam chemiczno-fizyczno-matematyczne PTSD).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tyler: Can I ask your name?
Ally: Anonymous.
Tyler: Anonymous? Is that Greek?